Basic Life and AD&D
Term Life Insurance and Accidental Death and Dismemberment coverage is provided as a measure of protection to your beneficiaries in the event of your death.
Term Life Insurance
Benefit is paid by employer at a flat $25,000. Benefit reduced 50% at age 70.
If disabled before age 60, coverage will continue for the length of the disability, but not beyond the earlier of age 65, or the date of retirement. If disabled after age 60, but before age 65, coverage may continue for up to one year, but not past the earlier of age 65, or the date of retirement.
Accidental Death and Dismemberment
An additional amount equal to the amount of Life Insurance will be paid to your beneficiary if death is due to an accident. Lesser benefits are payable for specified disabilities resulting from an accident. Limitations and exclusions apply.
Accelerated Death Benefit
If you have a qualifying medical condition that meets certain specifications, you have the right to receive a percentage of the life benefit. Limitations and exclusions apply.
Option to buy Dependent Life/Spouse
Notice: Employees electing Voluntary Life and AD&D coverage and have a spouse who is also employed with the Archdiocese cannot be covered under the employee’s voluntary coverage, dependent children can only be covered by one of the two employees. Double coverage is not allowed.
Voluntary Life Insurance provides employees the opportunity to customize their individual life insurance needs.
Employees are allowed to purchase up to the Guarantee Issue amount when first eligible. After the initial election, coverage can only be purchased for one increment without evidence of insurability during the annual open enrollment period. Anything over the guarantee issue amount or over the annual incremental allowance will require evidence of insurability submitted through Paylocity Enterprise benefits portal.
• Coverage is available in $10,000 increments
• Minimum coverage: $10,000
• Maximum coverage: $150,000
• Guarantee issue: $150,000
• Benefits reduce to 50% at age 70
• Dependent coverage is only available if the employee is insured for Voluntary Coverage.
• Coverage is available in $5,000 increments (rounded to the next higher $5,000); not to exceed 50% of the employee’s elected benefit amount;
• Minimum coverage: $5,000
• Maximum coverage: $75,000
• Guarantee issue: $75,000
• Dependent coverage is only available if the employee is insured for Voluntary Coverage
• Provides coverage for all dependent children up to age 26 in the following amounts: $5,000 or $10,000 (not to exceed 100% of employee amount).